Cushion foundations have been the talk of town if you haven’t heard yet and I’d admit I’m a little late to the game. The 100+ degree summer here in LA had me switching up my foundation routine, but most importantly, I wanted something that gave me that luminous, dewy glow! Call it the wet look or a sun-kissed glow or whatever, but a brighter complexion is a healthier one as well.
The idea of the cushion foundation is that the usual liquid foundation is soaked into a cushion where you’ll need a sponge applicator to pick up. Because the process doesn’t require your fingers or a separate makeup brush, it is a product that’s highly-coveted for it’s convenience while traveling. Fueled by it’s pink and Asian-inspired beauty product packaging, it was hard not to pick this one up!
Now let’s take a look at the pros and cons of the product!
- Pretty packaging. Extra points because it’s pink!
- Convenient for traveling due to his practical packaging. With the sponge, mirror, and sponge applicator, you can throw this on right before landing. You won’t need another mirror or brush because this is the whole package.
- Thin and lightweight so it doesn’t feel like there’s anything on your face.
- Gives an all-over natural, luminous glow and definitely lives up to it’s name!
- Affordable, drugstore price and can be found almost anywhere that sells beauty products if you live in the U.S.
- Low staying power. Last for about 2-3 hour before your skin becomes oily. (Not recommended for oily skin types, but I have combo skin, meaning my T-zone areas tends to get oily during the day, but everywhere else is quite dry.) You will definitely want to either oil blot or reapply powder throughout the day.
- I see this as a thin foundation for summer and most people look for SPF in their summer foundations. This one doesn’t have it though. (I’m allergic to one or more ingredients in SPF products, so this is actually a pro for me.)
- Light coverage (but that’s all I need).
- Since I’m use to using my hands or a brush to apply foundation, I found that I have less control when I use their sponge applicator. It also takes longer for me to finish applying my foundation because it’s a relatively thin sponge.
This is a beautiful and lightweight foundation for anyone who wants a seamless application process. If you are someone who is just getting into makeup and don’t want to invest in a foundation brush or if you’re someone who has good skin, but wants something that elevates, smoothes, and brighten up your complexion, this is definitely the product to show some love to!
Although I’ve listed quite a few cons, the only real con for me is the staying power because I dislike and almost never touch up my makeup throughout the day (other than lipstick).
Staying power is usually the con when it comes to non-matte foundations, however, so I can’t really complain. You can’t have the best of both worlds or at least I have yet to find a product that has.
Will I Repurchase?
I love the idea of the cushion foundation because of how practical and clean the application process is. As for repurchase, I want to try and compare cushion foundations from other brands before committing to just this one.
Rating: 4/5 stars